At COSSIE & CO we like to get to know our customers – after all, this is how we discover new ways to provide you with an extraordinary shopping experience.
We process data in a number of ways, including providing services that you have requested, offering you a personalised experience and informing you about special events or relevant COSSIE & CO news. We might also use the information we have to contact you about any information we might need to process your orders, returns or queries.
You by no means have to give us any of this personal information however if you don’t, you may not be able to buy from the site, and you are unlikely to receive our optimal overall customer experience. But that is your choice – and we completely respect that.
- Registration or subscription for one of our services or marketing channels.
- Use our online services such as placing an order or buying a gift voucher.
- Interaction with us via social media or digital advertising on our or some else’s website.
- Use our personal shopping or bespoke services, ask for information or assistance, give us a testimonial or other feedback, comment on any blogs or articles featured in our services.
- Attendance of an event that we run or sponsor, enter competitions or special promotions, sign up for our special offers or other updates, participate in focus groups or fill in surveys.
- Contact details and address
- Deliver your purchases to you: we’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you and get you your jewellery successfully.
- Send you delivery and service correspondence by text or e-mail, such as order updates: we’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you.
- Send you information by email, SMS, or post, about our new products and services: we will only send this with your consent such, e.g. our newsletters. Rest assured we try to only send the good stuff.
- Fraud prevention and detection: we use this information to ensure the proper administration of our website and business.
- Date of birth & gender
- Fraud prevention and detection: we use this information to avoid any dodgy transactions to ensure the proper administration of our website and business.
- Send you discounts and updates: we only do this with your consent to.That way we know you'll enjoy them!
- Transaction data (Payment information)
- This may include your contact details and card details used to take payments, make refunds and prevent fraud. This process of data ensures the proper administration of our website and business, as well as the fulfilment of our contract (supplying the purchased goods & services) and keeping proper records of those transactions.
- Correspondence data
- This includes information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us. This data may be used to train our staff in customer services, processed for the purposes of communicating with you and record keeping. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business and communications with users.
- Purchase history and saved items
- We may process this data to allow you to buy items you have had in your basket and make returns, both of which are essential to fulfilling our contract with you. The process of this data may also be used to find out trends of purchase and what you, amongst other customers, purchase, which in turn helps us in the proper administration of our website and business.
- Information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website and app (usage data)
- This may include IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. The source of the usage data is Google Analytics & Shopify Platform. This usage data may be processed for the purposes of analysing the use of the website and services – essentially to give you the best and most personalised shopping experience possible. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely monitoring and improving our website and services. It also helps to prevent against fraud which is an essential need for the operation of our website.
- Information received from surveys or competitions
- We’ve got to process this data to allow the survey or competition to work and perform our contract with you (the one that is started when you enter into a competition for example). If we can’t use your entry, you can’t possibly win!
- Retention & deletion of your personal data
- We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data is kept secure and is kept for only so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is used.
- To unsubscribe from marketing communication you can click onto the "unsubscribe" link in any communication that we send to you by email which will automatically unsubscribe you from that type of communication.
- Each "unsubscribe" link only relates to that specific type of communication (e.g. marketing communications or survey communications). This means that unsubscribing from marketing communications will not automatically unsubscribe you from our survey communications (or vice versa). Please also note that you may continue to receive communications which are already on route to you for a short period of time while your relevant unsubscribe request is being processed.
- Alternatively, to request information or any correction or deletion of data, please email our customer services team on email@example.com stating your name and your contact details.
- You can also contact us on 0208 746 1669 between 10am and 5.30pm Monday – Friday.
We are committed to keeping the personal information you provide to us secure and we will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or alteration. We do not sell your personal information for any purpose.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. We are dedicated to earning the trust of our customers.
However, we may share your data with the following third party companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers and delivery companies like FedEx & DPD.
Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business effectively such as Mailchimp for email marketing.
Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud.
Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us).
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
Financial transactions relating to our website and services will be handled by our payment services providers, PayPal or Shopify Payments. We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds.
You can find information about the payment services providers' privacy policies and practices at https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy and https://www.paypal.com/en/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full.
We may disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person. We may also disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
SEEING ADVERTS FOR COSSIE & CO
COSSIE & CO engages in the delights of online advertising to ensure you are kept updates with relevant products and offers. We hope it helps you find the products you are after.
Like most brands, we target banners and ads to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of COSSIE & CO or on COSSIE & CO banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
COOKIES ON OUR WEBSITE
A cookie is a file containing an alphanumeric identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
THE COOKIES WE USE
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets and wish lists cannot be provided.
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. This improves your experience and makes your browsing simpler, easier and more personal to you.
Website Analytics / Performance Cookies
We use these cookies to measure and analyse how our customers use our online services to ensure we have the best designed and performing website. An example of cookies used for this purpose are Google Analytics. This allows us to continuously improve our online services and your shopping experience.
Targeting & Advertising Cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer)
and https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
PAYMENT PROVIDER – KLARNA
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this notice!)
The right to access the personal information we hold about you.
The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you (although you can probably do most of this through My Account.
The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances.
The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do through My Account, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time.
The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us.
This website is owned and operated by COSSIE & CO LTD.
We are registered in England and Wales under registration number
09778803 and our registered office is at 30 Thornfield Road, London. W12 8JQ. Our principal place of business is at 30 Thornfield Road, London. W12 8JQ. You can contact us: by post, to 30 Thornfield Road, London. W12 8JQ, using our online chat, by telephone on +44 (0)208 746 1669 or by email using firstname.lastname@example.org